As we make plans to open the church for Mass once again, we want to give you some information to read over. Please know that we have taken into consideration keeping the Live Stream while adding the In-Person Mass and therefore times have been adjusted. Remembering we are acting as one parish with two locations, both Blessed Sacrament parishioners and Saint Matthew parishioners are invited to attend any of the In-Person Masses. Here is the upcoming schedule for the next few weekends:
November 22 – Livestream Mass (no congregation) from Blessed Sacrament at 9:30 AM
In-person Mass (congregation may attend) at Saint Matthew at 11:30 AM
Registration is CLOSED for this Sunday, 11/22. Registration for Sunday, 11/29 will open on Monday, 11/23!
November 26 – Thanksgiving Day – In-person Mass (congregation may attend) at Saint Matthew at 9 AM
Sign up for Mass by clicking here! Please note that this is a SEPARATE sign-up link than the one for Sunday Mass. Registration for this Mass will be open until Monday, 11/23, at 9 PM!
November 29 – Livestream Mass (no congregation) from Saint Matthew at 9:30 AM
In-person Mass (congregation may attend) at Blessed Sacrament at 11:30 AM
December 6 – Livestream Mass (no congregation) from Blessed Sacrament at 9:30 AM
In-person Mass (congregation may attend) at Saint Matthew at 11:30 AM
- Registration is required, as the number of attendees will be limited. A link will be sent to access the registration information.
- Important health screening questions will be included in this registration process. Click here for the questions.
We strongly recommend that you not attend Mass if you or someone in your household is pregnant or has a serious health condition. This is an act of charity and generosity towards your fellow Parishioners, and the Archbishop has granted dispensation for the Sunday Mass obligation for the foreseeable future.
When arriving for Mass, please know that…
1) Everyone over the age of five must wear a face covering that fully covers the nose and mouth and is secured to the person’s head.
2) You will be asked to respond to health screening questions again.
3) “No touch” thermometers will be used to take your temperature before being admitted.
4) Every household will be seated by our trained monitors; you cannot choose your seat (accommodations will be made for those with limited mobility or hearing issues).
Changes to Liturgy:
- Each household will be seated at least six feet from others, and all must wear masks.
- There will be no congregational singing – all Mass responses will be recited.
- No hymnals, Bibles, missals, or bulletins will be available.
- There will be a basket for your offering which you may use on your way to communion.
- Mass will conclude with communion – all receiving communion must receive the Body of Christ in the hand. All need to come forward to either receive communion, receive a blessing or to leave. All congregants must proceed directly out of the church building.
Please note that this message is only for informational purposes. It does not request or require a response.
Peace and love,
- A Catholic Response to an Epidemic – Please note that some of this information was published before all Parishes were closed.
- Magnificat online – free resources for prayer including each day’s Readings for Mass (weekdays and weekends), Liturgy of the Hours, and more. To access the Readings for Mass, scroll down to Magnificat online edition, U.S. edition.
- My Parish App – This the Readings and prayers for the Sunday Celebration of the Mass and much more!
- Find more resources here!
Faith Formation Advent material drive-thru pick-up next Saturday, November 28th, between 4 and 5 PM at the Faith Formation Center (parking lot in the corner of Harford Road and Echodale Avenue).
For those families who have not yet joined the program, but you would like to and would like to receive Advent materials, it is never too late to join us! You will still receive the entire package, begin with Advent, and pick up from there. For information, email Dorris van Gaal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mass schedule for Thanksgiving!
Wednesday, November 25th, at 7 PM: livestream only at Saint Matthew (no public attendance). Join us online for this Mass via our Facebook page and our YouTube channel! Please note that this Mass is by livestream only and there is no public attendance.
Thursday, November 26th, at 9 AM: in-person with public attendance at Saint Matthew. Mass will be held on Thursday at 9 AM for Thanksgiving Day in the church. Please note that pre-registration will be required for this Mass and the sign-up link can be found above!
Join us for Thanks-Zoom-ing!
We’re going to get together on Zoom for about an hour on Thanksgiving afternoon to catch up on the visiting we haven’t been able to do.
Register for the event at bit.ly/Thankszooming
You’ll get an email confirmation that has the link to the meeting. You don’t need a Zoom account to join us.
Hope to see you there!
Sister Ilaria Buonriposi and Ginnie Welsh
Virtual Alternative Gifts Fair 2020!
Online links close on Sunday, November 22nd!
Not finished shopping?
Download our catalogues NOW from the Parish website by clicking here and complete your purchases by email, mail, or phone.
Need help? Contact Barbara at email@example.com or call 410-433-2300, ext. 104.
Thanks for your continued support of partners in ministry and mission!
Comboni Missionary Sisters
Gilchrist Tanzania Hospice
Immigration Outreach Service Center
Saint Matthew Cross Cultural/Fair Trade
Saint Matthew Liturgy
Pick up 2021 envelope boxes at in-person Mass!
It’s that time of year! Pick up your 2021 envelope box at in-person Mass! All envelopes must be picked up by the Fourth Sunday of Advent (in-person Mass on December 20th). Envelopes can also be picked up by arranging a time with Chris (call 410-433-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org) during office hours (Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 12 noon). All envelopes must be picked up by Sunday, December 20th, prior to Christmas! In case you need a reminder, here are some tips on how to use your envelopes! Just a reminder that all Parishioners using GiveCentral do not receive envelopes. It’s never too later to sign up for online giving by clicking here! Thanks for your continued generosity to Saint Matthew!
During the month of November, we especially take time to remember those who have died. We have not been together as a community every week for Mass we remember those in our community who have passed away since March:
Eastlyn Aleong, Gertrude Shorter, Carol Augustine, Rose Githinji, Ed Taylor, Robert Holt, Henrietta Ritter, Marie Chery, E. Vinson Norwood, Almira Peterson, Warren K. Norris, Peter Abore, Betty Blair, Larry Temple (husband of Karen Temple), La Verne Ann Jeffrey (sister of Sheroon Roles), George Stryker (father of Mary Beth Iduh), Sharron Spann (mother of Jermaine Spann), John Simko (father of Michelle Kreibel), Lucio Castillo Razor (brother of Sister Mercedes), and Bekele Hailemariam (father of Haimanot Wentworth).
Online Rosary – Saturdays at 10 AM:
As covid-19 and other challenges to our society continue to be with us, our prayers and our actions are still needed! Therefore, you are invited to join us for a chat, share what you are experiencing, and share what you would like to pray for as we pray the Rosary together.
For this meeting we ask you to register, just for an added layer of security. To register click this link and follow the directions:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about how to join the meeting. You can register up until Saturday morning at 9:30 AM.
Weekly Bible Study with Deacon Paul from Blessed Sacrament – Thursdays from 8 to 9 PM:
This Bible Study is conducted by phone conference and the conversation concerns the Readings for the coming Sunday. Anyone is welcome to call in and participate or simply listen.
The number to call is: 425-436-6356
When asked for the code dial: 698937
The Readings for each week’s Bible Study can be found on the USCCB website at the following link: