As we make plans to open the church for Mass once again, we want to give you some information to read over. Please know that we have taken into consideration keeping the Live Stream while adding the In-Person Mass and therefore times have been adjusted. Remembering we are acting as one parish with two locations, both Blessed Sacrament parishioners and Saint Matthew parishioners are invited to attend any of the In-Person Masses. Here is the upcoming schedule for the next few weekends:
November 8 – Livestream Mass (no congregation) from Blessed Sacrament at 9:30 AM
In-person Mass (congregation may attend) at Saint Matthew at 11:30 AM
Registration is CLOSED for this Sunday, 11/8. Registration for Sunday, 11/15 will open on Monday, 11/9!
November 15 – Livestream Mass (no congregation) from Saint Matthew at 9:30 AM
In-person Mass (congregation may attend) at Blessed Sacrament at 11:30 AM
November 22 – Livestream Mass (no congregation) from Blessed Sacrament at 9:30 AM
In-person Mass (congregation may attend) at Saint Matthew at 11:30 AM
- Registration is required, as the number of attendees will be limited. A link will be sent to access the registration information.
- Important health screening questions will be included in this registration process. Click here for the questions.
We strongly recommend that you not attend Mass if you or someone in your household is pregnant or has a serious health condition. This is an act of charity and generosity towards your fellow Parishioners, and the Archbishop has granted dispensation for the Sunday Mass obligation for the foreseeable future.
When arriving for Mass, please know that…
1) Everyone over the age of five must wear a face covering that fully covers the nose and mouth and is secured to the person’s head.
2) You will be asked to respond to health screening questions again.
3) “No touch” thermometers will be used to take your temperature before being admitted.
4) Every household will be seated by our trained monitors; you cannot choose your seat (accommodations will be made for those with limited mobility or hearing issues).
Changes to Liturgy:
- Each household will be seated at least six feet from others, and all must wear masks.
- There will be no congregational singing – all Mass responses will be recited.
- No hymnals, Bibles, missals, or bulletins will be available.
- There will be a basket for your offering which you may use on your way to communion.
- Mass will conclude with communion – all receiving communion must receive the Body of Christ in the hand. All need to come forward to either receive communion, receive a blessing or to leave. All congregants must proceed directly out of the church building.
Please note that this message is only for informational purposes. It does not request or require a response.
Peace and love,
- A Catholic Response to an Epidemic – Please note that some of this information was published before all Parishes were closed.
- Magnificat online – free resources for prayer including each day’s Readings for Mass (weekdays and weekends), Liturgy of the Hours, and more. To access the Readings for Mass, scroll down to Magnificat online edition, U.S. edition.
- My Parish App – This the Readings and prayers for the Sunday Celebration of the Mass and much more!
- Find more resources here!
In honor of Veterans Day, the Parish office will be CLOSED on Wednesday, November 11th! Thanks to all who give their lives to serve our great country!
Mass schedule for Thanksgiving!
Wednesday, November 25th, at 7 PM: livestream only at Saint Matthew (no public attendance). Join us online for this Mass via our Facebook page and our YouTube channel! Please note that this Mass is by livestream only and there is no public attendance.
Thursday, November 26th, at 9 AM: in-person with public attendance at Saint Matthew. Mass will be held on Thursday at 9 AM for Thanksgiving Day in the church. Please note that pre-registration will be required for this Mass and the sign-up link will be sent out a few days in advance!
Virtual Marketplace of Alternative Gifts will launch November 10th!
Shop online – order by email/phone – curbside pickup
We have a wide variety of Fair Trade and Handmade foods, crafts, jewelry, artwork and greeting cards – all in our full color online catalogue*. Sales support the work of our partners:
Comboni Missionary Sisters
Gilchrist Tanzania Hospice
Immigration Outreach Service Center
Saint Matthew Cross Cultural/Fair Trade
Saint Matthew Liturgy
*(For the catalogue link, check your emails, Flocknotes, and Saint Matthew website and Facebook page).
Pick up 2021 envelope boxes at in-person Mass begins on Sunday, November 8th!
It’s that time of year! Pick up your 2021 envelope box at in-person Mass beginning on Sunday, November 8th! All envelopes must be picked up by the Fourth Sunday of Advent (in-person Mass on December 20th). Envelopes can also be picked up by arranging a time with Chris (call 410-433-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org) during office hours (Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 12 noon). All envelopes must be picked up by Sunday, December 20th, prior to Christmas! In case you need a reminder, here are some tips on how to use your envelopes! Just a reminder that all Parishioners using GiveCentral do not receive envelopes. It’s never too later to sign up for online giving by clicking here! Thanks for your continued generosity to Saint Matthew!
Fall Stewardship 2020!
Each Fall, we usually conduct an in-person stewardship campaign in an effort to increase overall giving to the Parish. Due to the coronavirus, we cannot conduct our usual campaign this year. Please take some time to prayerfully consider your financial contributions to the Parish, especially during this very difficult time when the Parish needs your support. If you are able to increase your weekly/monthly giving this year per, even by just a few dollars, every little bit helps. We used the Take the Next Step program last year, and you can take a look at the information distributed last Fall on the attached flyer. We highly encourage online giving through GiveCentral to ensure your gift will have perfect attendance with us each week, which is vital during this time when many Parishioners participate in Mass from home online. Consistent and regular giving to the Parish ensures a sustainable income for the Parish, allowing us to maintain our regular operating budget. If you already have envelopes, please mail them in regularly to the Parish office (or even consider sending a monthly gift rather than weekly). If you are not currently contributing to the Parish, please do so if you are able to so that we can continue the ministries and programs we currently offer in addition to paying our staff salaries and health benefits. Everything we do at the Parish is only because of your continued financial generosity, and we can’t thank you enough for your gifts over the years, especially during this time! We encourage everyone to consider giving one hour salary per week, which would provide us with all the financial resources we need. If you have any questions about increasing stewardship, online giving, or receiving envelopes, please contact the church office and we will be glad to help you. Thank you, and God bless you!
Online Rosary – Saturdays at 10 AM:
As covid-19 and other challenges to our society continue to be with us, our prayers and our actions are still needed! Therefore, you are invited to join us for a chat, share what you are experiencing, and share what you would like to pray for as we pray the Rosary together.
For this meeting we ask you to register, just for an added layer of security. To register click this link and follow the directions:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about how to join the meeting. You can register up until Saturday morning at 9:30 AM.
Weekly Bible Study with Deacon Paul from Blessed Sacrament – Thursdays from 8 to 9 PM:
This Bible Study is conducted by phone conference and the conversation concerns the Readings for the coming Sunday. Anyone is welcome to call in and participate or simply listen.
The number to call is: 425-436-6356
When asked for the code dial: 698937
The Readings for each week’s Bible Study can be found on the USCCB website at the following link: